The past few weeks have witnessed the passionate claim that the Palestinians will unilaterally declare the West Bank a Palestinian State. Although this makes great publicity, it most certainly makes for an impending tragedy. This August 2011 declaration will be a bigger problem for the Palestinians than Israel. Here are the reasons:
1. Immediately after the declaration, what will be left is Israel without the influx or Arabs into the political economy. This fatally exposes the Trojan Horse policy that has dominated the region for decades. Why did Israel build a wall? To keep Israel Jewish given the birth rate among Palestinian Arabs. A unilateral declaration will end the political and social impact of exploding demographics within the Israeli body politic.
2. Refugee Status will be nullified. Six decades ago the Palestinians had genuine refugees. Unilateral declaration will end such a self perpetuating artifice.
3. Acts of terrorism that have dominated the Shiite Proxies of Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah would be acts of war from a sovereign state.
4. Abbas himself will face greater questions about his political legitimacy.
5. BIGGEST IMPEDIMENT FOR PALESTINIAN LEADERS? THEY WILL HAVE TO GOVERN AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING FROM SECURITY, ELECTRICITY TO TRASH PICK UP. THEY WILL HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME OR SCAPEGOAT.
BRING IT ON!